CYPRUS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION, TRADE MARKS
The Oxford Team can assist you in trade mark National and International (WIPO – OHIM) registration and protection, design as well as licensing of technology and patents.
Our services include:
- Assistance in registration and protection of all types of intellectual property, trade marks in Cyprus, European Union and Worldwide
- Advice on intellectual property related matters for tax optimization purposes
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) PROTECTION IN CYPRUS
There is a comprehensive system set up in place to guarantee that the IP rights are protected at a National, European and International level.
TRADEMARKS / LOGOS / DESIGNS
If you aim to protect your Trademark/Logo/Design you may succeed this in Cyprus through the following ways:
1. REGISTRATION AT THE CYPRUS REGISTRAR OF COMPANIES OFFERING PROTECTION AT A NATIONAL LEVEL.
2. REGISTRATION AT THE COMMUNITY TRADE MARK OFFICE VIA CYPRUS, WHICH OFFERS PROTECTION THROUGHOUT THE TERRITORY OF THE EUROPEAN UNION.
3. REGISTRATION AT THE INTERNATIONAL BUREAU OF THE OF THE WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANISATION (WIPO), WHILE CYPRUS BEING PART OF THE MADRID PROTOCOL AND A SIGNATORY OF THE PARIS TREATY, WHICH OFFERS INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION.
Before a trade mark can be the subject of an international application, it must already have been registered, or registration must have been applied for, for the same class goods or services with the trademark registration office of a country party of the Madrid Protocol
By utilising IP rights / Royalty rights a Cyprus Company may have significant tax benefits under the new IP Regime. Under the new IP Regime the effective tax rate for royalty income can be 2 per cent or less. For more information and practical examples visit Cyprus royalty company page.